Domesticadence Studio

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mime approved!


Ahh, life! In case I haven't whined loud enough, I am moving (yay), starting shows (yay), getting ready for a fun family reunion (yay), and trying to deal with all of my "mystery diagnoses" all in a one month span!!! I do not always fully appreciate the wisdom in "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", but i feel it must be true!

Twist Fair 2.0 was very fun, (as expected) and I loved seeing customers from last year modeling some of my old creations! How nice of them to wear them back to show me! I also saw lots of old friends who I hadn't seen in years from high school, college, and coworkers- which I completely appreciate guys! I also got to spend the weekend with one of my best friends who helped me at the show and we had a great time reliving some of our college days in the area and enjoying the lovely Hotel Northampton! Bought some great items as well! I didn't take as many pictures as I would've liked, but I guess I was having too good of a time! It was also Pride Weekend in Northampton, so there was a parade and a generally fun atmosphere around! Some circus mimes entertained us and even bought a flapper ring, so I was glad to find out that my jewelry was "mime-approved"! Thanks to Cory and Lexie Barnes and all of the sponsors, again,as they really know how to put on a great show!

Next, I am in insanely busy mode trying to pack for a much needed move and make things and update displays for Opening Weekend at SoWa Open Market in Boston on May 16th & 17th! If you are ever in the area, you really need to check out this show! It has so much to offer in the way of talented Artists, Artisans, and NEW for this year, Antiques! It has FREE Parking & Admission, and I have met so many awesome loyal customers and fellow vendors who have become friends. It is also very well run and a great event for the whole family! I am so glad to be doing nearly every Sunday this year! I will be bringing lots of new items beyond jewelry to this show which allows me much more space! ( www.sowaopenmarket.com )

Soon, I will post pics of the new studio in my new place, and some new creations! Better get back to work so I can pull this all off!

No comments: