Domesticadence Studio

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring Show Schedule!!


Lots of upcoming shows to tell you all about! Even though I always have next few months shows listed on the side of this blog, I like to tell you a little bit more about them!

March and April will be mainly for designing and creating for the weekly shows coming up. I attended a snowy Design Hive Market in Cambridge, MA on March 1st, which was going on simultaneously with a great clothing swap! Unfortunately, after several days of warmer weather, we got another lovely New England snowstorm, which seemed to keep the crowds down from the normal Design Hive turnout. Anyway, the participants all had a great time anyway seeing each other's newest creations, and getting back into the swing of things with the show circuit! There were some great people excited to participate in the clothing swap, and clean out their closets, but also add a few new treasures--yay for reusing/recycling/repurposing!

Just added--March 21st I will be @ Holy Craft! Fair. Holy Craft! Is a DIY craft flea market where vendors sell a variety of goods including handmade crafts and apparel, vintage clothing, records, baked treats, antiques and much, much more! All proceeds including table fees are being directly donated to AFSC MAP which provides the homeless, domestic violence survivors, the previously incarcerated, immigrants and others in need in the Greater Boston area with material goods such as clothing and housewares, resource management and job training. Check out their blog www.holycraft2009.blogspot.com. Show runs from 12-6 PM!
For the rest of the month, I plan on completing more of the newer designs I've been creating, hopefully sprucing up websites, blogspots, shops, etc...along with some more medical things.

April, so far, seems to be also more for revamping displays, new designs, and getting ready for the craziness of schedule for May and beyond!! (Hopefully, some nicer weather, too!) I will be appearing at Design Hive Market again, on Sunday April 5th, so by then I should have even more new things completed! I think that is the only show I will be doing in April, in order to prepare for May shows.....

Speaking of MAY, there are lots of great shows I am doing then! Starting off the month (May 1st & 2nd) is Twist Fair, a 2 day show that is really a unique experience. It is held in the Northampton, MA Center for the Arts Ballroom, which has beautiful architecture and character all on its own! The show starts off with a Market Party Friday night from 5-9, where vendors and shoppers alike are treated to a live DJ, a variety of beverages (yes, even adult beverages), and lots of great artisans! (http://www.twistfair.com/) Then, Saturday, beginning @ 10 AM, it reopens and once again you get to enjoy this truly unique shopping experience all day! Next, I'll be @ Opening Weekend (May 16th & 17th) for SoWa/South End Open Market, Boston, MA! It's a great outdoor setting with a ton of Boston and vicinty's wonderful artisans along with fresh produce from area farms, local baked goods, and much more! Parking and admission are FREE, and this year, there is also an Antiques Market, where I know I will likely spend a good portion of my profits!!! I will also be here nearly every Sunday all the way through the end of October!!(http://www.sowaopenmarket.com/). May also brings another new experience, as I will also be attending the Providence Open Market, in Lippitt Park, on the East Side on their Opening Day, Saturday, May 23rd! It will also have art, healthy edibles, handbags, jewelry, accessories and much more. Hopefully, I will be able to do more shows there in the Fall, schedule permitting!


Phew!! I think that is all 'til June......Stay tuned for a NEW way to save money at my shows and be earth-friendly at the same time!!!

No comments: